Cyan.TF is the older brother of the late Cute.TF (which was founded June 8th of 2014 as a small test/side project). Cyan.TF is a laid-back 100% crits server with a suite of whacky and unique plugins & addons to create a distinctively different and enjoyable server environment.
The server's plugins aren't all whacky, though. Being built to be autonomous, the server also houses various maintenance and anti-cheat plugins to maintain and moderate the server even if there is no administrator on.
Cyan.TF first started out as KWC, Kill With Cuteness, back in mid 2014 and was intended to be a small orange crits server that was hosted on an Ubuntu VPS. The server didn't initially gain many players and was then rebranded as Cute.TF. Even then, the playerbase was very small. It was then decided to try something different: running stock maps, no plugins, and getting the server on TF2's quickplay. That failed horribly as it was empty nearly 24/7. It was promptly changed back and started slowly gaining players. When Halloween came around, event maps were added to the rotation which gained an influx of players. So much that a VPS upgrade was desperately needed.
Soon the entire brand was revamped as Cyan.TF when a new, proper server host came along. Now the server is running stronger than ever with over 10,000 unique connections.
Monthly goal: $40
We are not maintained by large communities, rather, a few individuals maintain the Cyan.TF infrastructure. We are independent and don't have as much support as the big wig community leaders and this is where donations come in.
By donating, you show your support for Cyan.TF and help us pay for the various costs to keep your favorite server alive and kicking. But that isn't all! As a thank you from us, you will receive special perks in the server! The list below shows all perks you get for donating.
- Special [Donor] tag and chat color
- Permanent Discord donor role
- Reserved slot
- Turn yourself into a robot
- Change your model color
- Halloween footprints
- Voice menu effects
- Better RTD good roll chance
- Resize yourself and different parts of your body
- Autobalance immunity
- Ping limit immunity
- Sparkle trail
- Colored beam trail
- Rocket yourself
- Projectile particle effects changer
- Shapeshift (change to any class from anywhere)
- Increased saysound limit per round and shorter cooldown
- Add a rainbow glow to yourself
- Higher teleporter priority
- PayPal-only Custom name tag, color, and chat text color (for donations of $20 or more in one transaction)
- PayPal-only No site ads while logged in
Donor perks are not permanent and will expire. However, you get longer donor perks the more you donate. $5 gets you 31 days of donor perks, $10 gets you 62 and so on. When your perks expire, you will not be charged but you will need to donate again to get perks back. If you donate while your perks are already active then you will extend your donor time. Donating $100 or more in one transaction, be it cash or items, will get you [Hyper Donor] and your perks never expire! When you are ready to donate, pick one of the methods below.
Where does the money go to?
Monetary donations go into fully supporting the Cyan.TF infrastructure. The list below breaks down how the money is used based on the monthly goal ($40).
- This powers the website and database including the vital bans and donor system
- GameME stats system
- Domains for backend architecture
- Leftover money is saved in case of the need for extra payments or for investing in new features/services that would benefit the community (such as bringing stats back!)
On the PayPal page, make sure to leave your SteamID or a link to your Steam profile as a message with your donation. If you don't, you will have to submit a ticket to request your perks.
Item donations are not being accepted at this moment
Already a donor? Click here to see what commands you have access to!