- Why do I have to get 100 kills before I get regular points?
- This ensures that players are committed to earning points.
- Why do I lose points by committing suicide?
- So players get punished for suiciding after a kill to prevent others from getting points from them
- Will stats ever be reset?
- It is not decided yet. We may reset stats annually but this isn't a guarantee.
- Why do some players get so many points from me? Won't that cause a plateau?
- Points are, in a way, a measurement of skill. If you are performing well and getting kills then you will be earning more points than lost. The max amount of points a player can earn from killing you is capped at 10. You also only lose half of the points your killer got from killing you.
Because that is what's happening. The version of that map you have is different from the one running on the server.
This usually happens from modifications being made to the map without updating its name. A solution to this is deleting your version of the map and then reconnecting to the server so you may download its version.
It is bad for player retention. Players are likely to leave if they just joined on a map for it to change within a minute.
Because the server is primarily an orange server. However, we are open to more map types to bring more variety. Suggest a map if you find one that seems like it would make a good addition to the rotation.
This means you are marked as a scammer on SteamRep. There is nothing we can do about this.
We use various songs and bits from the Undertale OST. The details are below.
Map vote "buildup" and vote song - From "Bring It In, Guys!" @ ~2:33
Sudden Death song - From "Hopes and Dreams" @ ~ 0:20
Map end song - From "Last Goodbye" @ ~0:23
Spawn room music - From "Tem Shop"
- First, follow these 3 steps that might instantly fix any sound problems you are having:
!soundsto enable SaySounds if you had previously disabled them.
snd_restartin the console. This might freeze your game for a few seconds.
- Make sure your game is set to download custom audio files in your multiplayer options. If it isn't, then enable the option and then reconnect to the server.
- If the steps above did not work, then continue reading.
- Completely exit the game.
- Navigate to your TF2 directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf
- Locate the server sound files in
- This is where all the custom server audio files are downloaded to
/tf/folder, search for all files that end with
.sound.cacheand delete them, including files named
All players are subject to multiple cooldowns when it comes to SaySounds. First, each individual sound has its own cooldown that has to tick down before anyone can use it again. Players are also under a short cooldown that they must wait for before playing any other SaySound. Players have a limited number of SaySounds that they can use per round. Once this limit has been reached, you may not use another Saysound until the map changes or there is another round.
Some SaySounds are also only available for server staff. These particular sounds do not appear in the
!soundlist menu for non-staff players.
Either you are ping masking, or you have set your
cl_cmdrate cvar to an invalid value which will cause your ping to be misrepresented. Set this to a value of about 60.
Players who change their name too often in a short period of time get autobanned automatically by the system. This is to prevent cheaters, or regular players, from constantly changing their name to avoid punishment. It is recommended that, if you have the need to change your name multiple times, you should disconnect from the server and then change your name before reconnecting.
FragRadio is a third-party service and is neither managed nor associated with Cyan.TF. You may give feedback and request songs on their official website.
We are very strict when it comes to what will and will not be a donor perk. We attempt to add perks that do not give an advantage to the donor and create a pay2win situation like some communities. You can suggest new plugins in the #suggestions channel in our Discord server.
No. We allow players to play any way they want as long as it is within our rules. Players are free to play or not play the objective as they please. The only exception is that we might force a player to play the objective if they are delaying the round.
This means that you currently have an active mute and not that you have been muted at that moment.
Some of our weapons are modified by adding and removing attributes from them. When an attribute is added, all others are removed so we basically build weapons from scratch when modifying them. Killstreaks and strange properties are handled as attributes and thus are removed on weapons that we modify. There is no workaround for this.